I am not sure I am setting this up correctly…it has been a while. Bare with me. I read something recently that spoke to me, “You will know a lasting change has been made when your priorities have changed.” It has been about 5 years that I have mostly been off sugar. However, last December, 2016, thought I would give it a go…just have a little. I have been struggling ever since, gained 40 pounds. I am a sugar addict. Love it!! It becomes my life, my idol, my God. Prayed this morning for freedom for just this ONE day. In my experience, as I took one step towards God…He greets me with arms open wide. I want to practice willingness instead of willfulness.
Pretty excited and scared. 10 day detox. Not fasting. Just real specific ways of eating and Being for ten days. Starting on the 8th. Want to be healthier. Drop a few pounds. Get off all artificial sweeteners and processed foods. Even those that are considered “healthy”. Sticking to organic whole foods, lean proteins, and a lot of fish. I am sure I will learn a few things about me in the process. Baths are a part of this deal too. Less media also. Wish me luck!
I found myself throwing a tantrum this morning. More snow. Schedule change. Threw my whole day off. Frustration. Lots to shovel before I can get out. Pain in my ass!! I decided to take some time and allow myself to whine, bitch, and moan for a while. It was 5:15 a.m., I was alone, hurting no one. So I just let myself throw my tantrum (banged the shovel, much use of “colorful” language). Then I took a deep breath, did some more shoveling, and talked to God a bit. I realized in spite of the flow of my day changing “without my permission”, I was still okay. Healthy, capable, shoveling a driveway of the home we own, having a car that is great in the snow, and lots of people in my life that I love and who love me!! Sometimes, I just need to throw a fit…then I can let it go and move forward.
I have a challenging client. But this morning he came in and laid himself open to me with his tremendous struggle in his Wellness program. My judgment and angst with him INSTANTLY melted away. His pain was palatable. I get that. I have been there…where it feels like I am just spinning my wheels. By him being vulnerable, I see him in a whole new light and I WANT to help him as best I can! Thank you God!!
- The complex carbohydrate (“complex” meaning many chains of simple sugars) in wheat is 75% amylopectin and 25% amylose; the amylopectin is rapidly converted to glucose & is mainly the cause of wheat’s blood-sugar increasing effect.
- Wheat creates a sugar/insulin roller coaster that creates cravings to eat every few hours.
- Exorphins are a group of opioid peptides formed during the digestion of gluten protein that is found in wheat; it induces a mild euphoria and generates the need to consume more!
- Wheat is an appetite stimulant.
- Wheat and wheat by-products are in many foods…be aware.
- You want to lose weight, lose the wheat. You will not only look better but you will have a lot more energy, no afternoon slump, more focus, and better sleep.
- DO NOT replace wheat with other types of starches; increase your vegetable intake big time!